Saturday, September 5, 2009

IS

http://www.zshare.net/audio/65098329eefa3622/

I can make you like
I can't make you love me

I can make you call
I can't make you listen
when my side starts
that is when the conversation ends

it's cool
I love hearin you
the sway in yr voice is like soup in my chest

you are the ruler
for the back of my hands

a fleeting projection
of what it'd look like to stand
if this skeleton
could muscle and bless

I wouldn't know what I was saying
even given a sentence

I haven't earned
the apples you lay
so the worms in their means
are only natural, I say

when the fire tilts toward
my unwitting face
and burns tears out
it was my fault, okay

my eyes perspire
till my chest is too tired
to heave any harder
alright, I'll try higher

you are the hook from the mire
lifting me into the sun
burn comes with the light
I understand
it's required
must

I can make you like
I can't make you love me


I can make you touch
I can't make you trust me
every crumb of white truth
is considered swollen lucky

I'd do anything to keep this stream
from rupturing
every sweet I gleam from your mouth
is a blessing

I can keep my mouth,
but not my eyes from running
I know the edge is coming
my indent will be sucked in

leaving vague prints
fragile frame of comparison

I just wish you could look me in my eyes
before I'm washed sand from your life
instead I've got text and a slight

cold feeling that I'll be gone with the night

til a day becomes week a week becomes a month
and years disppear in the wake of what is coming

for your wide open beautiful eyes
I am just a step
you are the bar

There's always other boys
there's always other boyfriends

There's always other girls
there's always other girlfriends

I'm just a needy kid
you are on yr grown shit

It's out of my control
It is what it is

[boys and girls in america]

1 comment: