Saturday, January 23, 2010

Exhibits

"Exhibit C" and "Exhibit A"
originally produced by Just Blaze


When I was on the train
coming back from Morgan Park High School
my brain was weighed with
guns and chains
not the kind you see on TV
the kinds that come off and out
when fourteen year olds
is getting heated
it's been two weeks and
we ain't got no fucking IDs
lockers or textbooks
announcements on the intercom
like "this kid got this took"
right after school
right outside school
hitting it to the bus stop
looking over shoulders
cops not quite enough protection
even though the motherfucking school's
adjacent to the precinct

and I don't even live on the west side
but I
know them white families
not so subtly disappeared
when my parents and my brother
moved in about a year 'fore I was born
when the coloreds showed up
that's when them colors start showin
till the only white person on my block
was a stubborn middle ager who ain't trust us
with his grandfather's house

who on more than one occassion
came outside to threatened us
with a shotgun

meanwhile the corner stores
got neon LIQUORS popping up
right above Lottery

at a rate equal
to the amount gunshots
bustin off at open gyms

my brother losing friends
tryna find peace in religion
you can diss jehovah's witness
but they might've saved his fucking life

look into his eyes
and tell me that I'm lying

so I'm in a cafe
while this nigga Clinton
got tears welling in his vision

he a goofy
I ain't never take em serious
freshman year he used
say slick shit to my girl
when we was dating
and she a play em off
like homie was just being dopey

and it's cool I'd be joking

but this junior year
he sitting here
talking quiet as I ever heard em

talkin bout them niggas
who just killed his guy Milk
the third time I done seen
children fucking screaming
in the hallways

and he sayin he can't describe
how he feel inside
said "my chest just feel like hollow heat"
but he know he finna ride
on every motherfucker
that he see
mighta had somethin to do with it

so every time that a white kid from my dorm's
going on to me about the difference between
a nigger and nigga

for every time my brother's knee blows out
and he's laid up in the house
cuz he can't afford the hospital

for every time I'm at my desk wit a pen
but its frozen because I can't possibly
think of what to write to Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment