Tuesday, March 10, 2009

chemical(s)

never down

he got up
blasted onto her face
she shot juices on his in return

it's how they do

they go out the front door
faces and mouths dripping
telepathic headbutts to all who gander
gawk
especially the kids

Fuck the children.

they went through town like ghosts
unfettered, floating, fly
nodding to the ones who knew what was good

;see you later;

they stopped by the office
put their hands up, their eyes into the windows
so they could see all them fools
hardening

he and she were play'doh for life
were trickling snot for life
sick. nasty. natural as wind.
inevitable. and there whenever things got too cold

to remind you to guard your grill.

the sun set

Fuck the children

the sun set

Fuck the children

the sun set

;Yo.;



they partied so hard. partied so damn hard.

he was glimmering, sparkling to her.
she was flickering, shimmering to him.

_


am I ulysses? am I ulysses?


"no, but you are now, boy.
so sinister, so sinister

but last night was wiiiiiild"

I have never thrown up substance a day in my life
a night in my life(:)
I just lay, swirling
watching bodies beat and fuck

cut the bottom out of my red cup
and look through it
watching bodies
behind me
next to me
in front of me

isn't that all they ever do?

It feels like I've just been waiting to be told to stop holding my breath
waiting for the coil in my throat to unravel
but it just slides deeper
tightening its fingernails

the smile I see in the reflection looks so silly

_


morning

the wetness, and your breath
on the side of my cheek

it is one of those mornings:

we came out, and the sky was shroud
gray, moist all over

I always feel like I'm catching the world in the middle of something
some gorgeous transformation,
and then I fuck it up by looking too soon

I told you this, and you laughed
and you put your hand on on my face

it was cold from the grass

and you drew a line down,
a crossing swoop

a smiley face of water

"you baaaaaaaaaby"

lying there, the sun began to peek through clouds

and despite the scientific, logical reasoning
I had been weaned on through my late teenage years

I felt the change I'd been imagining in my head for so long.
it was all together
I felt drenched
I felt everything slide in perfect
like our fingers

that morning,
I felt the sun
and it felt just like you

_

2 comments:

  1. that morning,
    I felt the sun
    and it felt just like you


    made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these poems, dude. like, for real.

    ReplyDelete